Monday, September 5, 2011

Eliza's Recipe Results

Our challenge this week was homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. Since Alexis (and all the family) was in town, I just made the ice cream so everyone could try it. And um....well....not that great.

The recipe is SUPER simple, and I probably just did something wrong. I didn't have much to put in the ice cream, but I had twix so I cut up some of those, and then I did peanut butter and vanilla to make it a little more flavorful. It probably could have done without that much peanut butter. It was WAY too sweet and rich- I think the sweetened condensed milk played a big part in that! So a little bit is good, but too much can get overpowering.

Also, the ice cream is a pretty good texture when it is still really cold. It looks and feels like ice cream in your mouth. But once it starts melting, it turns back into a gloppy mixture and it was almost grainy or lumpy to me. Not a good consistency.


So...will I make it again? Probably not. But I think it would be better as a strawberry cheesecake, or lemon custard type ice cream than a peanut butter one. Just tooooooo sweet. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment