Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Alexis' Recipe Results

Okay, so I didn't take pictures of my monkey muffins, but I did do them twice! I really like this recipe because it was so easy. You just eyeball everything and you figure out how you like it.

For the first try, I followed the recipe to the letter and it turned out well. I just used Pillsbury biscuit dough and was too impatient to let it rise. I pulled the biscuits in half, rolled them into balls, and stuck four in each muffin round. Once they were done baking, I immediately poured a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk on each. They were decent; you can't mess up these monkey muffins!

For the second try, I used brown sugar instead of white sugar. Definitely do that! I put only three dough balls in the rounds instead of four--much better. The sugary, buttery goodness was able to coat more of them. Another alternation: when I poured the spoonful of the sweetened condensed milk on the muffins, I slightly separated them with the spoon. This way, the sweetened condensed milk was able to soak inside the dough. Oh that was good!

The second try was by far the better way to go. I wish I could have tried Eliza's brown sugar glaze. You know you're sisters (and foodies) when you substitute the same ingredient!

No comments:

Post a Comment