Sunday, September 18, 2011

Eliza's Recipe Results

Oh, wait. You didn't know that I was making barbecue chicken pizza this weekend? How weird. Are you sure you checked the blog to see our recipe intro? Hm.....oh yah. That's because I forgot to post it! Silly Eliza. So anyway, I made barbecue chicken pizza this weekend on homemade pizza dough. The pizza is this recipe and the dough was this one.

Okay. So how did it go? Pretty well I guess. Shenli and I both like deep dish pizza better than thin crust, so I was hoping this pizza dough would be pretty thick.....and it was. Probably too thick- it overpowered all the other toppings/sauce/cheese/cilantro/everything! But the dough did taste good!

As for the toppings, it was also just pretty good. I used our favorite barbecue sauce, added shredded chicken, green peppers, purple onions, mozzarella cheese, and cilantro on top. It was just a basic barbecue chicken pizza- not anything spectacular. I think I needed more bbq sauce, and DEFINITELY more mozarella cheese. It always looks like so much cheese until it bakes!

I only made about 1/3 of the pizza barbecue, because we didn't have that much sauce. The rest was pepperoni and chicken with olives and green peppers. That was also pretty good. I think in general, I am just more of a regular red sauce, pepperoni, olives type pizza person. But that's okay. It was good to try something new! Will I make it again? Nah. But I have other recipes for chicken cordon bleu pizza AND hot wings pizza. Those will definitely happen someday!





No comments:

Post a Comment