Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cookies, you say? And what's up this week

It was kind of a miss this weekend on the cookies. I only did two different kinds, and....well, here are the results. (I didn't take any pictures :( Shenli ate the chocolate chip ones too fast, and the lemon ones I had to freeze so I wouldn't eat them all by myself!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies: I ended up using this recipe, because Shenli didn't like the look of the NY times ones. I didn't put snickers in, I just did chocolate chips and a few with toffee bits as well. So this one had browned butter- which should make things DELICIOUS! And yes, it was quite delicious, but also odd. The dough was horrible cookie dough (and I am definitely a cookie dough person!). It had a weird taste because of the browned butter, and I had to add about an extra 1/2 cup or more of flour because the dough was way too sticky. It wouldn't even hold together in a ball on the cookie sheet! So the actual cookies were okay. Very soft, and not that unique. I think I like browned butter for muffins/zucchini muffins (these were so good!), but for cookies, I just like the regular old soft butter way! So, we will have to experiment with other cookie recipes!

The Lemon cookies were AMAZING though. The dough was perfect- like lemon sugar cookie dough. The cookies came out crisp on the outside but chewy on the inside. I loved them- Shenli wanted to know where the chocolate chips were! But to stop myself from eating them, I had to freeze them. To enjoy at a later day I suppose....whenever that will be....

All in all, it was okay. But I'm looking forward to trying a new chocolate chip recipe, and also the caramel snickerdoodles sometime!

For this week's recipe....I'm definitely thinking cinnamon rolls. Because it's conference weekend of course! My family has always done cinnamon rolls for conference. I've wanted to branch out with my family- maybe start a new tradition! So I debated about crepes with fruit and homemade whipped cream or something, some kind of waffles (like cinnamon apple! yummm), muffins, homemade donuts (baked probably, not much of a frier). But Shenli vetoed all those ideas (well...he just didn't seem that enthusiastic about them. haha.) So we're back to cinnamon rolls. But I am going to try a new variety! Probably either these ones from The Pioneer Woman,

or these ones that promise to be like a cinnabon! From The Girl who Ate Everything
Or finally maybe these ones, which would take less than an hour! They are from Ounces and Grams. 
We'll have to see what I'm in the mood for. I love cinnamon rolls! And having them for breakfast is one of the things that makes conference weekend my favorite!

-Eliza


No comments:

Post a Comment