Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cookies x3

So, I can't bake very well. It's partly my tiny old oven: I think the temperature is off, it doesn't fit a full size cookie sheet, and the heat is definitely not even. However, a lot of it is me too. I tend to overcook things A LOT and I have one major flaw: I like to skimp on ingredients. Sure it's a recipe I've never tried, but does it really need this much butter? sugar? flour? caramel? I like to skimp because I want to save the ingredients. So I can use them for other recipes! So what do I end up with? Recipes that fail and are waaay dry because I want to "save" for better recipes. Oh dear.

So I have made a resolution. I will use what the recipe calls. Maybe MORE! If I'm feeling indulgent. :) And to kick off my new resolution, I am going to try some new cookie recipes. I'm not sure if I'll do all of them, or just one or two, but these are the ones that sound good to me right now!

1. Lemon Crinkle Cookies. Don't these look AMAZING? So light and chewy and soft and lemony!
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies: I am searching for the perfect recipe. I might also try putting caramel inside these, or candy bars like reeses or twix or snickers. So yummy! Plus Shenli just loooooves chocolate chip cookies.


3. Caramel-filled Snickerdoodles: These look so good to me. PLUS I still have caramels left over after I skimped on caramel brownies last week. Hah. So I will use up those caramels making delicious snickerdoodles. I think snickerdoodles are actually my second favorite cookie, right after peanut butter cookies!

4. (Okay I know I said 3.....but I love cookies!) Praline Cookies: These have also looked good to me lately, they just look light and like it says in the blog post, they look like they would melt in your mouth! They might not happen this weekend, but eventually they will be on the menu!


Have a great week--I know I will be looking forward to the weekend! -Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment