Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review: Caramel-Filled Snickerdoodles

I finally got around to making another of those four cookies I wanted to try! Caramel-filled snickerdoodles from The Baker Chick. 
(Picture by The Baker Chick)

The best part is, I think I might actually be getting better at baking! Or at least knowing how my oven works. I read up on old ovens lately, and learned that I should make sure my oven preheats fully so that the heat is well distributed--I have always just put the cold pan in the cold oven and hoped for the best! Also, putting parchment paper on my cookie sheets helps the bottoms of the cookies not burn!!

These cookies were really good. REALLY good. I love snickerdoodles, and the recipe was so simple! Baker Chick recommends using caramels that are really soft at room temperature and I can't stress that enough. Because I didn't. I just used your basic wrapped caramels (Western Family I think)....and the cookies were amazing straight out of the oven: crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, oozing caramel and cinnamon goodness! But I just had another bite a few minutes ago of a cooled cookie. Oh dear. My jaw hurts! The caramel sure did harden up like Baker Chick said it would so I'll be microwaving every cookie we eat now. :(

On the whole, amazing! But I think I actually like my snickerdoodles without any filling. How can you get any better than the regular cinnamon-y chewy goodness! What do you think of my photography skills below? Pretty good for a little pink camera, and the only "natural light" was from the 7:00pm setting sun on a cold rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment