Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Meal of Good Intentions

I always plan out my menus for two weeks at a time. And sometimes (or almost every day) it seems like we're not in the mood for what's on the menu. And guess what some people *ahem* are always in the mood for? .... Fried Chicken! So I guess this post is devoted to fried chicken...and all things fried.

On the menu was Indian Fry Bread Tacos from the Pioneer Woman. The meat was defrosting in the fridge and since you have to let the dough rest at least a half hour, that was also in the fridge! But Indian tacos just weren't meant to be....

So since I still had the fry bread dough, I decided just to have a grand old frying time. The fry bread turned out amazing! I think I halved the recipe, which was still too many fry breads for the two of us. But I think it would have been perfect had we actually had the taco part of them. They were a little dense and dry for me, though, so I think I touched the dough too much while flattening them with my thumbs.


As for fried chicken...it's one of the few things I trust myself to make without a recipe. I just grab everything out of the spice rack and throw it all together! 



So here we have some pictures of lovely fry bread and fried chicken. Wow, that plate just looks so......fattening, huh! While my diet is suffering, I am definitely learning about flexibility and having some meals ready to go on the fly.





No comments:

Post a Comment