Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Favorite Soup!

I have discovered a love for this soup: Italian Chicken Soup

It is perfect- soupy, but hearty with the noodles and chicken and veggies. I particularly love that it has jalapenos in it because it gives it a tiny kick, but not too overpowering. We put parmesan cheese over the top, and mixed it all in so it was delicious and cheesy! Also, I just used half and half instead of cream, and I used canned diced tomatoes instead of whole ones. I love the little round pastas (I just found a small macaroni noodle pasta that wasn't curvy like normal macaroni).

Anyway, here is the recipe and her picture (I didn't take a picture of mine :( but it looked just like hers!)





Italian Chicken Soup
1 box Ditalini pasta {I used the Barilla brand}
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 chicken breasts
8 cups chicken broth {this equals out to two big boxes of chicken broth}
1 medium onion, diced
2 green peppers, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
2 fresh jalapenos, diced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 can {28. oz} whole tomatoes, diced
2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup olive oil
4 tbsp. minced fresh oregano
salt & pepper, to taste
Parmesan Cheese shavings, as desired

1 comment: